- Selective training 3 years - 180 ECTS
- National registration fees: 170€*
- Location: Aix-en-Provence, Jules Isaac site
- International mobility
- Customized course
- Professionalization: internships and projects
- Work-study program possible in the 3rd year - Corporate partnerships
- Graduates' network
- Number of students: 84 students divided into 3 groups
*2021 fee for initial training. Exemption for scholarship holders and work-study students
The BUT Carriere Sociales course Sustainable Cities and Territories trains in 3 years versatile professionals capable of grasping the scope of contemporary changes. The fields of cities and sustainable territorial development are faced with major challenges: climate change, biodiversity loss, social fractures, spatial separation. We need to build cities differently, rethink the way we live, move, consume and live together.
The BUT trains professionals who are able to grasp the complexity of urban territories and to articulate project design and implementation. They will be called upon to play an essential role in organising, coordinating and leading local initiatives at the junction of social, environmental, economic and political issues.
This course is offered to all students from the first year onwards:
- Sustainable Cities and Territories
How are the studies organized?
This training combines resource teaching (referring to the different disciplinary fields concerned by the problems linked to the city and the territories) and professional situations (Situation of learning and evaluation, Personalized professional project, Internships) which are presented in a variety of ways;Learning and assessment situation, Personalized professional project, Portfolio, Internships) which are conducted throughout the three years of the curriculum for each of the competences.
Internships, work-study and supervised projects
Professional situations are conducted throughout the three years of the course for each of the competences:
- Learning and assessment situation
- Personalized professional project
Internships, work-study and supervised projects
En BUT Carrières Sociales, l'alternance est possible mais facultative en 3ème année.
Consultez le calendrier d'alternance (bientôt en ligne dans la rubrique info pratique ci-dessous)
L'alternance en BUT CS BUT 1, 2 et 3 BUT 2 et 3 BUT 3 Parcours VTD non non possible : contrat 1 an
One semester of study can be done abroad
- TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication)
- VOLTAIRE (spelling)
- PIX (numerical skills)
Sustainable Cities and Territories (SCT)
The training aims to acquire five main types of skills:
- Analyzing societal issues;
- Build partnership dynamics;
It combines resource teaching (referring to the different disciplinary fields concerned by the problems related to the city and the territories) and professional situation assignments (Situation ofLearning and assessment situation, Personalized professional project, Portfolio, Internships) which are conducted throughout the three years of the curriculum for each of the competences.
Graduates go on to study for a Master's degree.
- Recruitment via Parcoursup
- To find out the selection criteria for candidates on Parcoursup, consult the public reports of the Parcoursup wish examination commissions for Social Careers - Sustainable Cities and Territories
- Some candidates are admitted directly after examination of their file; some are called for a complementary interview in order to verify the adequacy between the training and the student's project.
Profile of the candidates
- 50% of places for holders of Baccalaureate General,
- 50% of places for holders of Baccalaureate Technical and Professional (some restrictions for some non-adapted professional Baccalaureate)
- 50% of places for holders of Baccalauracute;at Technological and Professional (some restrictions for certain non-adapted professional Bacs) or an equivalent diploma.
- Candidates who do not hold a Bacalaurute;at, but who have a few years of professional experience may apply for a Validation of Professional Experience (VAP).
- Address at the beginning of the school year 2022: 5 bis bd Docteur Schweitzer - Encagnane - 13090 Aix-en-Provence
- Address at All Saints' Day 2022: 2 avenue Jules Isaac 13100 Aix-en-Provence
Designing school grounds: BUT1 Social Careers respond to a call for projects.
Designing school grounds: BUT1 Social Careers respond to a call for projects.Within the framework of a combination of 4 SAE (learning and evaluation situation) the students of BUT1 Social Careers - Cities and sustainable territories, went to the town hall of Aix-en-Provence in […]
The tutored project "Shared gardens" awarded at the "DD en Trans'disciplinarité" competition
The tutored project "Shared gardens" awarded at the "DD en Trans'disciplinarité" competitionThe tutored project "Shared Gardens" was awarded in the "playlet" category in the "DD en TRANS'disciplinarité" competition organized by the Vice Presidency of Aix-Marseille University for Sustainable […]