Skip to main content

Site of Digne


The Southern Alps are a wonderful territory for experimenting with study topics such as biology, the environment, regional planning, management of small and medium-sized businesses, and sustainable tourism. Student life is focused on sports and associations.

Several higher education establishments are located in Digne-les-Bains, the prefecture of the Alpes de Haute-Provence: the Teacher Training Institute (INSPÉ), the Higher School of Fine Arts, the Institute for Nursing Care Training (IFSI) and several BTS. Approximately 1,000 students are studying there after the baccalaureate.

The IUT in Digne-les-Bains offers two University Bachelor of Technology (BUT) and three Professional Licenses (LP).

  • Accommodation, food and transportation


    Student residences (private sector)

    Please note: the CROUS does not offer accommodation on the Digne-les-Bains site.

    H2P residences
    300 apartments, 7 residences
    2 Rue Dr Simon Pietri
    04000 Digne-les-Bains
    E-mail : @email
    Tel : 04 92 36 76 00

    Roommate for 3 offered (except charges) against participation in the device "One hour, one child". Know the details.

    Furnished flatshare (T4) in the Arches Sud building. Rent 233 € per person including insurance

    Residence Le Campus
    40 furnished studios
    19 rue Antoine Héroët
    04000 Digne-les-Bains
    Tel : 04 92 30 57 00

    Housing in the city center

    14 Cours des Ares
    04000 Digne-les-Bains
    Tel : 06 46 45 26 76


    Residence JanelChablan
    29 Rue du Lt Médecin Chaspoul
    04000 Digne-les-Bains
    06 22 37 34 46

    Housing aids

    The CAF: financial aid for housing
    The CAF offers two types of aid to student tenants, calculated according to resources and the amount of rent:

    • personalized housing assistance (APL) if you live in a subsidized housing unit (HLM or subsidized university residence),
    • the social housing allowance (ALS) for other types of housing.

    Thanks toCité'U, you can now apply for assistance online and download a CAF certificate.

    Loca Pass: help with the security deposit for a rental
    The Loca-Pass advance is a loan granted by Action Logement (formerly 1% Logement) to the tenant to finance the security deposit required by the owner (lessor). This loan is to be reimbursed without loan interest or file fees. To benefit from this loan, you must be under 30 years old or an employee or early retiree in the private sector (excluding agriculture).

    Mobili Jeune: financial aid for the rent of students on work-study programs
    Mobili-jeune is a housing subsidy that covers part of your rent during your work-study program. It is paid by Action logement. This aid is intended for young people under 30 years of age. In order to benefit from it, you must meet certain conditions, particularly in terms of resources.

    Visale guarantee: obtaining a deposit
    The Visale guarantee is a guarantee granted by Action logement to a student or a young person on a work-study program who wants to rent an apartment. In the event of unpaid rent or charges, Action logement pays the lessor the amounts due. Action logement is then reimbursed by the tenant.


    Restaurant at the CFA

    The self-service restaurant of the CFA René Villeneuve offers meals at the rate of 3.30 € and 1 € for scholarship holders

    • Reservation required
    • Rechargeable prepaid card
    • Menus communicated one week in advance
    • 10 mn walk from the IUT - free parking
    IUT cafeteria
    • 10 tables of 8 inside
    • 10 tables of 8 in the gardens
    • coffee machine, meal dispenser


    Public transportation

    Pass Zou études(Bus and Chemin de Fer de Provence)

  • Health, Disability, Social Security

    University Medicine

    An annual visit is offered to each student on the site of Digne-les-Bains.

    University Medicine

    An annual visit is offered to each student on the site of Digne-les-Bains.


    The Inter-University Service for Preventive Medicine and Health Promotion (SIUMPPS) is a free service. A team composed of secretaries, nurses and doctors and, depending on the time slot, psychologists, psychiatrists, sophrologists and dentists is at your disposal.

    The SIUMPPS can also direct you to a doctor close to where you live via RESAMU, the network of general practitioners for students at Aix-Marseille University. This network guarantees access to local care, in sector 1 and the practice of third party payment, i.e. no advance payment of the compulsory part.

    For any consultation: have your Aix-Marseille University student card, your "carte vitale" and the liaison document provided by SIUMPPS.

    Youth Health Pass

    The PASS Santé Jeunes checkbook allows you to meet with a health professional free of charge to get initial information on sexuality and contraception, to ask a professional all your questions, to have a screening test for sexually transmitted infections, and to obtain a suitable contraceptive method for at least one year. The PASS is confidential, free and can be used without your health insurance card.

    Tel : 04 88 73 80 00
    E-mail : @email

    Complementary health insurance Pass

    Students with scholarships or in financial difficulty, the Southern Region gives you a helping hand to finance your complementary health insurance with the Pass Mutuelles.

    It is not compulsory for students to take out a complementary health insurance policy. While some students can still benefit from their family's health insurance, others choose not to pay the monthly cost of complementary health insurance, which often leads to a lack of care due to a lack of funds. It should be noted that the price of a complementary health insurance varies according to the profile of the insured, young or old, with existing pathologies, etc. Also, single students who receive emergency student aid can apply for complementary health aid. This aid allows them not to pay for doctor and dentist consultations, treatments, nursing care and hospitalisation costs.


    Situation of disability

    Aix-Marseille University's disability mission welcomes and supports students with physical, sensory or psychological disabilities, dyslexia or a long-term disabling health problem. It offers measures adapted to each student.

    To benefit from accommodations for your studies and/or exams, contact the Mission handicap of your campus as soon as possible.

    BVE - Mission handicap
    Digne depends on the Mission Handicap of the Aix-en-Provence campus:
    Le Cube" building, Faculty of Arts, Languages and Human Sciences
    29 av Robert Schuman, 13621 Aix-en-Provence cedex 1
    E-mail : @email
    Tel : 04 13 94 22 77

    Health insurance

    Social security affiliation is nowfree for students.

    Whether you are French or foreign, you will have to register for social security coverage: your steps in pictures.

    All the information on the Health Insurancewebsite .

    Health insurance

    Social security affiliation is nowfree for students.

    Whether you are French or foreign, you will have to register for social security coverage: your steps in pictures.

    All the information on the Health Insurancewebsite .

  • Scholarships, Grants, Jobs

    CROUS grants and scholarships

    Student Social File (DSE) and Scholarships

    In order to have access to the Crous social criteria grant, you must complete the Student Social File, each year, between January 15 and May 15:

    It is advisable to validate your file even if the simulation does not confirm your status as a grant holder because, if your situation changes during the year, this will allow you to reactivate your application.

    European students must also complete this file.

    Non-EU students: consult the different aid schemes!

    CROUS social workers

    CROUS social workers are there to listen to you and help you get through difficult times. They can offer you one-time financial assistance, help in putting together applications, advice on how to organize your studies or specific advice on personal issues. They can direct you to specialized services.

    The social worker in charge of the Digne site is Mrs Boisson.

    Financial aid from AMU

    The Fonds de Solidarité et de Développement des Initiatives Etudiantes (FSDIE) of the University of Aix-Marseille, in its social section, can help students with a project related to their studies and experiencing financial difficulties. Students may request one-time assistance after an interview with the social service of the Aix-Marseille Avignon CROUS, provided they have been registered for at least one semester at AMU.

    National and regional aid

    In addition, support mechanisms are also available at the regional and national levels.

    Student jobs

    Working during the vacations? Here is a list of useful sites:

  • Cultural life, Leisure

    Cultural life

    If Digne-les-Bains is a sports city, it is also a city of cultural exploration. Shows, literature, painting, heritage, music: the city is full of cultural places. René Char Center (theater, concerts, music festival, film festival), Gassendi Museum, Cairn Art Center, Alexandra David-Néel House, Promenade Museum...

    High level artists

    If you are a "high-level artist" and you wish to study at Aix-Marseille University, you can benefit from a Special Study Plan (RSE) that allows you to make accommodations "by right".

    Cultural leisure activities

    Youth and Student Centre

    The MJE of Digne is the meeting place for people under 24 years old. This space in the city center offers a leisure corner, wifi, table soccer, billiards, snack corner, refrigerator, drinks dispensers, work room, exhibition room, meeting room, and meeting room for student associations.

    Place André Thisy
    04000 Digne les Bains
    Tel. 04 92 36 10 31


    PACTE'AMU : For a cultural access to all AMU students !
    Discounts for theater, concerts, dance, cinema, exhibitions... Get your AMU card!

  • Sports activities

    Physical and sports activities

    Rewarded for several years by the label Ville Active & Sportive, the city of Digne-les-Bains leads a coherent sports policy through its support to clubs, the hosting of sports courses or the provision of various sports facilities. Nature sports are very accessible: the Digne Pre-Alps are a great place for hiking in all seasons, the Verdon and its treasures are 50 kilometers away, and the ski resorts are an hour's drive away.


    The University Physical and Sports Activities Department offers several free individual or group sports activities for students.

    Online registration (select Campus Digne on the right)

    • Volleyball on Mondays from 7:45 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. in the gymnasium of the Lycée des Métiers Alphonse Beau De Rochas
    • Volleyball on Tuesdays from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm at the Lycée Alexandra David Neel gym
    • Badminton on Thursdays from 7:45 pm to 9:45 pm at the Lycée des Métiers Alphonse Beau De Rochas gym
    • Multi-activity session on Fridays from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm (handball, futsal, basketball, ultimate...) at the Alphonse Beau De Rochas High School gym
    • Water polo every other Wednesday from 6:45 pm to 8:45 pm at the Digne pool
    • Hiking: 3 hikes per semester from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm (place and date to be defined)

    The sports activities practiced within the framework of the Pack Sport Amu can give rise to a semester bonus according to certain conditions and criteria of appreciation(see notation).

    In accordance with the IUT examination regulations, the bonus for students enrolled in DUT and LP is limited to 0.5 points per semester.

    Please note: you must scan a valid medical certificate when you register on the site. To obtain a medical certificate allowing you to practice sports, it is recommended that you contact your doctor before the beginning of the academic year in September.

    The sports referent for the Digne les Bains site is Igor Lantelme.

    Horseback riding

    Membership in the Bureau des Étudiants allows you to benefit from preferential rates to practice horseback riding at the Digne-les-Bains Equestrian Center:

    • 15 € per hour, two slots per week, annual license 36 €.
    • See the video

    Competitive sports

    The AS AMU and the Ligue Sud Sport U organize competitions for students wishing to defend the colors of their component and/or their university in university competitions. If you wish to practice a sport in competition, you must obtain a license from the AS AMU.

    High level athletes

    If you practice a high level sport, Aix-Marseille University allows you to reconcile your sport career with your higher education studies. Pedagogical arrangements can be envisaged according to the courses

    Contact: Romain FERRER, @email - Manager of the SHN-AMU unit.

    IUT Sports Days

    Every year in September, the IUT organizes a sports integration day for first-year students. This event allows everyone, staff and students, to experience a moment of playful sharing, well anchored in the IUT spirit.

  • Student associations

    Associative Life

    The BDE - Student Office

    Each department of the IUT has its own student association.

    AMU Student Life Office

    The Office of Student Life (BVE) is present on all AMU campuses and is the preferred contact to help you in your associative activities.

    Creating and running an association

    In accordance with theCharter of Associations, a lump sum of 350 euros may be granted for the creation or annual operation of student associations.

    Project funding: the FSDIE project

    The Fonds de Solidarité et de Développement des Initiatives Étudiantes (FSDIE) finances student projects on and off campus.

    E-mail: @email
    Tel : 04 13 94 52 00
    Faculty of Science
    52 Avenue Escadrille Normandie Niemen
    13013 Marseille


    The Student and Campus Life Contribution is used to improve your living conditions on campus. In 2019/2020 several IUT projects have been funded in Digne:

    • Pan'IUT: an AMAP that connects producers of fresh produce (fruits, vegetables, cheeses) with consumers at IUT, IFSI and INSPE
    • Sophrology sessions
    • Theater classes
    • Calls for projects: if you have a project, communicate it to your BDE, which will forward it to the CVEC commission on your campus.
  • Library

You have questions?