- Selective training 3 years - 180 ECTS
- National registration fees: 170€*
- Location: Aix-en-Provence, Jules Isaac site
- International mobility
- Customized course
- Professionalization: internships and projects
- Work-study program possible in the 3rd year - Corporate partnerships
- Graduates' network
- Number of students: 56, 2 groups of TD
*2021 fee for initial training. Exemption for scholarship holders and work-study students
The aim of the Book and Heritage M&E course is to train, in three years, specialists in the promotion and distribution of books, magazines and other media (sound, video, digital). At the end of the course, the future graduate will be able to work in the field of his/her choice: publishing, bookshop or library. He/she will be able to exercise responsibilities in small or large organisations, in the private or public sectors. Learning about the interprofessional issues of the book industry and cultural fields will give the future graduate the means to adapt to changing environments.
The Book and Heritage Management pathway is offered from the first year onwards.
How are the studies organized?
The B.U.T. is a two-year programme.
Internships, work-study and supervised projects
There are 1,800 hours of classes over three years, plus 600 hours of tutor projects. Students complete between 22 and 26 weeks of work placements, in France or abroad, progressively spread over three years.
- In BUT1, 2 weeks (The week before the Pâques holidays and the 1re week of the Pâques holidays)
- In BUT2, 2 weeks (2nd fortnight of October) then 8 weeks from the end of March to the end of May
- In BUT3, the sandwich course is compulsory so there is no work placement
En BUT INFOCOM-MLP, l'alternance est obligatoire en 3ème année.
Consultez le calendrier d'alternance (bientôt en ligne dans la rubrique info pratique ci-dessous)
L'alternance en BUT INFOCOM BUT 1, 2 et 3 BUT 2 et 3 BUT 3 Parcours MLP non non obligatoire : contrat 1 an
Possibility to do 1 or 2 semesters abroad or to do an internship abroad.
Certifications offered during the course: TOEIC, PIX, Voltaire.
Book and Heritage Professions (MLP)
The aim of the Book and Heritage Professions course is to acquire specific skills
in the development of cultural offerings, the implementation of mediation or sales mechanisms aimed at the public or customers, and the management of cultural organisations.
The course aims to acquire specific skills in the development of cultural offerings, the setting up of mediation or sales systems for the public or customers, and the management of cultural organisations.
In addition, there are two other skills in information-communication and human and social sciences.
- Masters in information communication or modern literature
- Masters in book publishing/marketing or editorial functions
- Master's degrees from ENSIBB (Ecole nationale supérieure des sciences de l'information et des bibliothèques)
- CELSA competition by specific route
To apply for BUT 1ère year:
- Recruitment via Parcoursup
- To find out the selection criteria for candidates on Parcoursup, consult the public reports of the ParcoursuP Métiers du Livre et du Patrimoine wish examination commissions
- Recruitment on the basis of a portfolio followed by an interview for those shortlisted. Consideration is given to motivation, intellectual curiosity, general culture and reading, particularly of contemporary authors.
To apply for BUT 2ème or 3ème année:
Profile of the candidates
To integrate the BUT 1 year:
- titulaires du baccalauréat ou équivalent
- beneficiaries of a Validation des Acquis de l'Expérience (VAE).
The specialised baccalaureate courses most suited to the BUT Métiers du Livre et du Patrimoine are:
- history/graphics/graphics/politics/political science
- languages/literatures and foreign cultures
- Economic and social sciences
To enter the BUT 2ème or 3ème year:
- Students registered in another IUT : have validated a BUT1 in the same speciality to apply for BUT2, or BUT2 to apply for BUT3.
- Students enrolled in higher education (Licence or CPGE courses) : to have validated 60 ECTS to apply for BUT2, or 120 for BUT3.
- Students with a BTS diploma.
Selection is made after examination of the application by the teaching committee (assessment of acquired skills and the quality of the application), according to the number of places available.
Address at the beginning of the school year 2022: Cité du Livre 8/10 rue des Allumettes 13100 Aix-en-Provence
All Saints' Day 2022: 2 avenue Jules Isaac 13100 Aix-en-Provence