- Training of 266 hours
- Cost of the training: 2500 €.
- Location : Tallard POLYAERO, Hautes-Alpes
- Location for the military : Salon-de-Provence
- Work-study programs - Company partnerships
- Alumni Network
- Number of students: 20
This training prepares students for the profession of air traffic technician. His mission is to monitor and coordinate the space and time of aircraft in flight and on the ground. It provides pilots, at any time, with the necessary instructions to respect the standards of separation of aircraft and a general air situation. It ensures the safety of the flights of the aircraft between them, it thus makes it possible to fluidify and organize the traffic of the aircraft in flight and on the ground on the airports.
How are the studies organized?
- The courses take place at the Air Force Academy of Salon for the military and at POLYAERO Hautes-Alpes for the civilians. The teaching team comes from the University of Aix-Marseille, the Air Force Academy of Salon de Provence and professionals from the aeronautical industry.
- The courses are divided into 4 modules over a period of 3 months, for a total of 270 hours.
- The teaching methods are diversified: theoretical courses, tutorials, concrete case studies. This diversity must be brought to each seminar and implies the active participation of the students. The control of knowledge is continuous.
- Language of instruction: English / French
- Cost of the initial or continuing education: 2500 €.
- Financing arrangements: assistance in finding financing (CIF, DIF, training plan, AGEFIPH, Pôle emploi)
- The training is certified ISO 9001 V2015
What subjects are taught?
Recommended prerequisites before applying:
Mathematics, engineering sciences, English: technical baccalaureate level
Teaching units :
- UE1 : Aero Meccavol and propulsion systems
- UE2 : Regulations and Air Law
- UE3 : Basics of Navigation
- UE4 : Human Factor
- UE5 : Means of Communication
- UE6 : Meteorology
For which skills?
University degrees in aeronautics are mainly deployed in collaboration with companies active in the targeted professional sector and the armed forces, to enable the training of personnel in response to specific civilian and military needs.
The DU "Air Traffic" is a diploma for direct professional integration, allowing students to work as air traffic technicians in the civil or military fields, or to prepare for the job of air traffic controller. The increase in civil and military traffic and the emergence of drones reinforces the need for recruitment.
Profile of the candidates
The following are eligible to apply for this undergraduate degree
- Civilian candidate : Holder of a Bac or equivalent
- Military candidates: Holders of a baccalaureate or equivalent
- Intended audience: job seekers, companies wishing to train their personnel, technicians from aeronautical companies wishing to complete their training, industry and military personnel undergoing professional retraining.
How to apply?
An admissions committee meets annually to define the individual eligibility criteria of candidates who have completed a pre-registration file, including their curriculum vitae, all diplomas and professional certificates justifying their career path and arguing for their professional project to which this undergraduate degree corresponds.
Address : POLYAERO Hautes-Alpes, Aérocamp - 05130 Tallard